Feature complete. Over and above Stylish 0.5a2:

-Songbird support
-Dropped the xdata: protocol because bug 366770 was fixed
-"Post this style to userstyles.org"
-Small bug fixes and improvements

Comments

• 200"6"0504?
  • edited May 2007
    when drag/dropping a style from a Manage Styles pane into a new pane, get the following (2x):
    Error: 'JavaScript component does not have a method named: "canDrop"' when calling method: [nsITreeView::canDrop] = NS_ERROR_XPC_JSOBJECT_HAS_NO_FUNCTION_NAMED
    Source file: chrome://global/content/nsDragAndDrop.js
    Line: 393
    and when clicking Save, the first time it saves, but second+ time get this:
    Error: Component returned failure code: 0xc1f30001 (NS_ERROR_NOT_INITIALIZED) [nsIDOMJSWindow.setTimeout]
    Source file: chrome://stylish/content/StylishStyle.js
    Line: 571
    saving in a pane is a bit different than standalone window but i'd say it doesn't really matter if Save does or doesn't close the pane. (although there's now quite an api piro has published for SplitBrowser.)

i've got the Stylish windows both external and internal arranged and maximized for space via userchrome.js - too cool how things can be tweaked to be perfect for one's preferences in the Moz architecture.
  • Posted By: alta88when drag/dropping a style into a pane, get the following (2x):
    Go into manage.js and change the last block to
    var listObserver = { onDragStart: function (event, transferData, action) { var row = {}, col = {}, obj = {}; tree.treeBoxObject.getCellAt(event.clientX, event.clientY, row, col, obj); transferData.data = new TransferData(); transferData.data.addDataForFlavour("text/unicode", "chrome://stylish/content/edit.xul?uri=" + encodeURIComponent(table[row.value].uri)); }, canDrop: true }
    See if that helps.
    Posted By: alta88saving in a pane is a bit different than standalone window but i'd say it doesn't really matter if Save does or doesn't close the pane. (although there's now quite an api piro has published for SplitBrowser.)
    I imagine that many dialogs are in the same situation, trying to close themselves and not being able to in SplitBrowser. I would think it would be SplitBrowser's responsibility to override window.close to do something sane in its environment. The API on the author's site appears to only face the "outside" rather than the "inside", so I'm not sure that it's helpful. I'll contact the author with my ideas.
  • hmm, still get the same error..

you're completely right, that belongs generically with SB. as do several other things, like overriding back/forward/refresh to consider the focused pane. he's done a number of things i've suggested - but not all.. anyway, i'm hoping this becomes a generic functionality in Moz and we finally get a sandbox for chrome widgets. fixed sidebar - bah. and nothing needs it more than Tb.
  • Actually, the error is complaining about "canDrop", which leads me to believe that it's SplitBrowser (the place where it's being dropped) that needs to define it.
  • edited May 2007
    For those getting a big red chrome warning, it's probably because stylish is not ready for locales other than en-US (files were moved).

As a workaround, go to the directory where stylish is installed (use https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/2195 to find it), edit chrome.manifest and comment out with a hash the line for your translation, like so:

#locale stylish fr chrome/locale/fr/
  • I think I found a bug:
    Go here: http://userstyles.org/style/search/http%3A%2F%2Fwww.last.fm%2F
    Preview the green style; don't close the stylish window, preview the blue style; cancel style installation.
    Now last.fm is stuck with the green style, even though it doesn't show up in the list of installed styles.
  • Thanks for the info... What should be happening is that the blue style should open a separate dialog. I'll fix this for the final version.