Notice: The devs are no longer actively involved in the forum, so any bug reports regarding the Stylish extension or this website should be sent to them directly at contact@userstyles.org.
Changing your Avatar.
The only way to currently change a forum avatar is through Gravatar.com. The email address used for your Userstyles.org account must be one of the email addresses that is registered to your Gravatar account.

Apache Error

edited April 2007 in userstyles.org
When trying to post a userstyle, I get the following error after saving:

"Application error (Apache)

Change this error message for exceptions thrown outside of an action (like in Dispatcher setups or broken Ruby code) in public/500.html"

Is this connected to what I'm trying to post, or is it a server error?

Comments

• OK, it now seems to be working, although I can't submit, as it tells me 'Style Code is invalid'. The only things that 'invalid' according to the validator are -moz-border-radius and text-shadow (I want to use the same CSS for webkit browsers that support text-shadow). Do these cause invalid errors with the stylish submit system?
  • After looking at the thread about xdata in the latest alpha of Stylish, could data urls be causing the error?
  • Usually when I get an error, it's because the CSS code is more than 64k (64,000 characters actually, I think). I don't think the site actually checks for CSS syntax errors, although Stylish itself does. Data URI's should be ok as far as I know.
  • import rules are also not allowed on userstyles.org, though I don't know what error message is displayed if the style you are submitting has such a rule.
  • There are no @import rules, but the file is 76k. So there's no hope of getting it onto userstyles without trimming it?
  • You could upload your data URI images to Imageshack or something.
  • Yeah, most likely the images are taking up the bulk of the code, so I'd figure out a way to optimize those first. If you have any PNG images, I recommend using PNGOUT.
  • OptiPNG and PNGOUT are good, but pngnq and pngquant save even more space. Keep the original pngs if you use these tools because they use lossy compression.
  • Cool...tried out pngquant, and it works really well. Best part is that it preserved my 8-bit alpha channel, while only having 8-bits of color info. Does a damn good job of quantizing too. You have to look real close to tell the difference between a 24-bit and 8-bit image. Thanks for telling us about it.