"ChoGGi, I need you as soon as posibble!"

edited January 2010 in userstyles.org
.... gotcha? Just kiddin'

But i do have a question. Since i lifted your style, think i'll ask you (see the comment there). How come the throbber on the loading tab doesn't show even though the code says: .tabbrowser-tabs tab:not([busy]) which i take if it's busy, leave it alone. That is, show the default Fx throbber. What am i missing? I tried a few things (like adding the default .tabbrowser-tabs tab[busy]... ) and looked into the classic jar and TMP for ideas but nothing works.

TIA!

Comments

• From what I can tell, when tabs are loading they have a busy attribute but no image attribute, and when they're not loading they have an image attribute but no busy attribute. So the fact that you have both tab:not([image]) and tab:not([busy]) means it'll apply in all situations.
  • edited January 2010
    I see. I did try w/out one or another and it doesn't work anyway. Looks like it can't be done.
  • makondo
    I know this is a question for our ChoGGi, but I already responded to this in the other thread http://forum.userstyles.org/comments.php?DiscussionID=16216&page=1#Comment_32571

This works. I've been using it for myself and christmas presents I wrote for friends. I know it appears weird, but it works.

.tabbrowser-tabs tab[busy] .tab-icon-image
    { list-style-image:none!important; }

.tabbrowser-tabs .tab-icon-image:not([src])
    {list-style-image:("INSERT YOUR IMAGE")!important;}

{ background: url("chrome://global/skin/icons/loading_16.png") !important; }
  • edited January 2010
    No, the question is for any body who might know an answer, of course (ChoGGi must be sitting at the Olympic Complex holding his spot at the gates). I was "Just kiddin'..." I kid 99% of the time and i'm dead serious about it!
    Anyway, the trick was in the tab:not([image]) and tab:not([busy]), as Jason mentioned 'cause i already tried with the .tab-icon-image and it still didn't work. But leaving only what you have in the second block instead of those 2, does work! Thanks a lot! As a gift, here's what you can do to shrink your code a bit:

{ list-style-image: none !important;
    background: url("chrome://global/skin/icons/loading_16.png") !important; }

.tabbrowser-tabs .tab-icon-image:not([src])
    {list-style-image:("INSERT YOUR IMAGE")!important;}