force a default style on all pages?

edited June 2008 in userstyles.org
*Edit I just discovered global styles...

I can't seem to get these lines of code to work for a global style, can anyone tell me where there is an error?

*{background-color:rgb(0,0,0) !important;

color:rgb(180,180,180)!important;}

/* For links: */

a:link{color:rgb(200,230,260) !important;}

a:visited{color:rgb(130,120,110) !important;}

}

Comments

• seems ok
    @namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml); *{background-color:#000 !important; color:rgb(180,180,180)!important;} /* For links: */ a:link{color:rgb(200,230,260) !important;} a:visited{color:rgb(130,120,110) !important;}
  • I went to ---> write style ----> global style and added that code, it give me this error message:

This style has problems that may prevent it from working:

Selector expected. Ruleset ignored due to bad selector.

Unexpected end of file while searching for closing } of invalid rule set.

Do you want to use this code anyway

I choose to try it anyway and it seems to work, but the problem is it makes the text on the firefox tabs go black so I can't see what they are, it doesn't make the icons on the tabs go black though. any suggestions?
  • edited June 2008
    it has an extra } at the bottom (thats why your getting the error)
    your code just changes the background colour/text colour, for the icons you'd have to replace them individually

if you dont want the tabs changed you shouldnt use * as a selector
    or do something like
    *{background-color:#000 !important; color:rgb(180,180,180)!important;} .tabbrowser-strip *{background-color:#FFF!important; color:#000!important;} /* For links: */ a:link{color:rgb(200,230,260) !important;} a:visited{color:rgb(130,120,110) !important;}
  • edited June 2008
    I had it working without the extra } and it helped other than the problem below. Also, tried the code above and it turned my tabs white. I want to keep them black but have the text come up the light blue font (Set at OS). I noticed you put a code for tab browser background, is there a code I can use for the tab browser font color? sorry to be a bother, I really appreciate the help.

Here is the global style I have that's doing this, can anyone see what would be causing this?

*{background-color:rgb(0,0,0) !important;

color:rgb(180,180,180)!important;}

/* For links: */

a:link{color:rgb(94,153,225) !important;}

a:visited{color:rgb(130,120,110) !important;}
  • edited June 2008
    *Edit double post