stylish bugfix: when clickin buttn "go to this style's site" it opens a new window, not a new tab

edited May 2008 in Stylish
Please, could you fix this? It is very annoying, that it opens a new window of firefox, not just a new tab.
+ the same behaviour when you click button "inquiry" in menu "manage styles" in stylish.

Comments

• so, the bug is assigned, but still not resolved?
    since the early October of 2004!
    btw, what do "patches" posted there do?
  • i hate mozdevs >:(
    how can it be possible, that a bug is being ignored for almost 5 years? HOW???
  • Do you really think posting here will fix the bug?
  • nah, I've lost the faith in people long ago.
    i just thought that there may be 1 chance, that anybody from here is in contact with mozdevs and maybe... aah, bullshit, forget it.
  • i have a bug with stylish, that appeared some time ago: when i click on the working style to switch it off and reload the page it is used on - the style still works. :(
  • For things like that, I need full, step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce. Click here, click there kind of stuff. There are a lot of small permutations in what you do that could make a difference.
  • edited February 2009
    ahm, I have installed stylish, installed my own style (http://userstyles.org/styles/6570). I go to page that should be modified by the style. It is. Then I click on the stylish icon in status bar and click on the name of the style - checkbox disappears (i.e. style is not applied anymore for the page), but the outlook is still modified. I click ctrl+f5 to reload the page without using cache and I see, that the page is still modified by the style, even though the style is deactivated.
    That behaviout could be reached if I had modified userchrome or usercontent files, but I didn't.
    My profile db is not young, but also, not so old.
    I am using Firefox 3.0.6 ru with stylish 0.5.9 under windows xp sp3 (ru), admin rights.
  • Stylish (with the same styles I use on my main profile) acts differently on a new profile, so I think the problem is in my profile...
  • edited March 2009
    Refresh your cache, that should fix it. I had this problem too, refreshing the cache worked (disabled the style first, of course, and do a full cache clear (Ctrl+Shift+Del)).

Anyways, there are lots of extensions that open up new tabs for you. Possibly the coder of Stylish got the wrong function or something? I'd check it out myself but my knowledge in this is crap. And I just really hate the new window thingy, it's annoying.
  • Posted By: Hen AsrafRefresh your cache, that should fix it. I had this problem too, refreshing the cache worked (disabled the style first, of course, and do a full cache clear (Ctrl+Shift+Del)).
    Anyways, there are lots of extensions that open up new tabs for you. Possibly the coder of Stylish got the wrong function or something? I'd check it out myself but my knowledge in this is crap. And I just really hate the new window thingy, it's annoying.
    Clearing the cache didn't help.
    And forget about new tabs, I just posted an absolutely new problem in the old topic with old bug. Because moderators here don't like me much and they close the topics I start.

The problem is that I can't disable (i.e. not to apply) a style to the site. Even if I disable the style and reload the page - the style still gets applied to that page. This behaviour is wrong it doesn't let me to write new styles properly. I tried to create a new profile and install there just stylish with the same styles - everything works fine there, that's why I make a conclusion that the problem is in my old profile.
    It's a pity, that there is no analogues of dbtool for miranda, which fixes errors in your profile, so you don't have to make a new one.
  • Posted By: DrugoyBecause moderators here don't like me much and they close the topics I start.
    Not true. They do however close threads were you are being rude and calling them stupid and lazy... surprised?
  • edited December 2011
    I've changed my mind, since there were some good changes on the site
  • Back to the original question... why can't the manager window just be coded to use the currently focused tab? Given the nature of the function, I'd expect the user to be prepared for it to do so (at least, I was). Honestly, I'd rather be able to open the manager itself in a tab anyway and simply have it use that tab for posting a style. (Today was the first time I used this method to "create" a style, and even though I was already logged in, I was prompted to sign in again, so something a little strange happened when the new window was initialized. Also, I can confirm that trying to disable a style afterwards from the manager didn't work--I did it twice, same result each time (except I was only prompted to sign in for the second one). But, I just restarted Firefox and everything was fine. Not a problem--well, a "problem"... but a trivial one.)
  • edited March 2009
    Posted By: mod_wastrel...why can't the manager window just be coded to use the currently focused tab? Given the nature of the function, I'd expect the user to be prepared for it to do so (at least, I was)...
    And i would really hate that. I open everything in a new background tab and that's the way i like it. So, if this ever to be implemented, please, make it an option.
    ======================
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009021910 Firefox/3.0.7 - Build ID: 2009021910, Stylish 0.5.9
  • edited March 2009
    Absolutely only as an option... I know of several add-ons that do all 3: window, sidebar, and tab. As a rule, I don't like the tab method for most of them (and except for Stylish I've never much liked sidebars), but in this one particular instance, for this particular purpose (posting a new style), I would like it. I have one instance of Firefox setup as the "control" for userstyles.org. For this function, I'd like to open the manager in a tab*, from there (*or maybe just from the sidebar) the editor would open in another tab, and the post link would open in a third tab to the create-a-style page--tabs can be for more than just browsing :D. Well, at least I'd like to try it this way--see how it "feels".

Options are good.
  • This uses different code in 1.0a that does something different. On my machine, it opens a new tab.