Crazy idea: make sound support.

edited May 2008 in Stylish
I have a crazy request - to make stylish be able to support sounds.
I don't know why it's still not implemented in stylish and in the firefox themes...
Just imagine what one could do with sound support!
What do you, people, think of my crazy idea? State your views!

Comments

• Posted By: Drugoy... imagine what one could do with sound support!
    I can't. I use no sounds on my vista and have no use for the distraction. So, yeah, it is crazy!
  • But using vista - this idea is crazy itself :-/
  • LOL :DD you both are crazy (me is crazy too - using vista)
    Hope to move on to debian soon though.
  • LOL @ debian, a crazy OS from Netherlands? I guess themes with sounds would be kinda cool....
  • at least someone said amen to my request
  • CSS2 can implement sound quite the same way as background images (along many other sound specific properties). I don't remember what are the names of the main rules, but I think Google can deliver some good stuff about this.

PS: I am on both XP and Ubuntu Hardy, but I never use sounds (this is just another way to be angry against your computer and parasitize my good ol' music).
    Some may like 'em. I am already LOLing: imagine a sound for each firefox button. "Just don't worry if you hear 32 sounds at once !!", says a deep voice from far.
    If you are searching for sound themes, try the gnome-look site (you and Google will always be friends ^^).

at least someone said amen to my request --> lol. Nothing else to say ^.^
  • CSS2 is CSS2, and ff doesn't pass the acid2 test (http://acid2.acidtests.org/#top)
    But first of all I thought not about adding sounds to the sites,, but about addin'em to the firefox itself (as a global style that chagnes ff's appearance).
    Btw, does Stylish support CSS2? Or this question is incorrect?

at least someone said amen to my request --> lol. Nothing else to say ^.^ --> a phrase "to say amen" was used metaphorical sense, that means "agree with".
  • Posted By: makondoI use no sounds on my vista and have no use for the distraction.

Agreed. I'm on XP, though.

Posted By: makondoSo, yeah, it is crazy!

Disagree. It is stupid.

• Posted By: LouCypher
    PostedBy: makondoSo, yeah, it is crazy!

Disagree. It is stupid.

Agreed.

• As firefox 2 support CSS3 -even partially- it support CSS2. Don't forget Stylish is *only* a style manager, it doesn't have its own CSS parser, so it uses Firefox's one.
    And I don't see any difference between sounds for web pages and sounds for XUL elements, except the namespace ^^

"ff doesn't pass the Acid2 test" --> Oh really ? I don't want to be rude, but get Firefox 3 and test again. I'm not sure, but acid2 doesn't fail at least since FF3b1.
  • ff3 is not released yet, I'll wait until there will be a normal, stable version of ff3, without those "alpha", "beta", "release candidate 1" or whatever.
    I'm on ff2, I forgot to mention it.
    I'm too lazy to install ff3 now, because I won't use it until a normal release, so if it's not hard for you - just tell me, how much points, does ff3 get in acid2 and acid3 tests?
  • Posted By: Ze ThrillerDon't forget Stylish is *only* a style manager, it doesn't have its own CSS parser, so it uses Firefox's one.
    This is correct. If Firefox supports sounds via CSS, Stylish will. If Firefox doesn't, Stylish won't.
  • "just tell me, how much points, does ff3 get in acid2 and acid3 tests?"

--> Not yet for Acid3 (71%, not bad), but it's perfectly ok for Acid2.
    Worst result is for IE8 with 18% (as usual...) and best is for Opera 9 with 78%, followed by Safari 3 with 74%.

"I'm too lazy to install ff3 now, because I won't use it until a normal release"

--> You may try PortableApps ( http://www.portableapps.com/ ) if you are under Windows and want to use -for now !- FF3 as a test release, this will make possible having FF2 and FF3 completely independant (I mean: they both have their own profile), without doing much.

For Linux, I have Ubuntu Hardy, I don't know if FF3 RC1 has been released as a package, but executables don't have the same name and don't share the same profile. Current known release is FF3 beta 5.

And by the way, how do you make quoted text please ?
  • quote: And by the way, how do you make quoted text please ?
    That's how:
    Posted By: Author's nameText u'd like to quote
    or just click "quote" button at the right-upper corner of any post.
  • Posted By: Ze ThrillerNot yet for Acid3 (71%, not bad), but it's perfectly ok for Acid2.
    Worst result is for IE8 with 18% (as usual...) and best is for Opera 9 with 78%, followed by Safari 3 with 74%.
    thx for info.
    Posted By: Ze ThrillerYou may try PortableApps ( http://www.portableapps.com/ ) if you are under Windows and want to use -for now !- FF3 as a test release, this will make possible having FF2 and FF3 completely independant (I mean: they both have their own profile), without doing much.
    thx, I know about portable version of Firefox, but I'm waitin' till FF3 released, just to be surprised with all new features in it ^^.