I can't get TPB footer to display:inline

edited May 2008 in userstyles.org
At thepiratebay.org I'm trying to put all the footer stuff I want into two lines.

http://thepiratebay.org/browse/201/

example:
Logout | Preferences | Upload torrent | Language / Select language | About | Legal threats | Blog "|" Contact us | Usage policy | Calendar | Doodles | Forum | Court Blog | TPB T-shirts "|" SlopsBox | BayWords | BayImg image

But I just can't figure out how to make the rss icon appear at the end of the second line. My code puts the rss icon on the third line.

It's maddening since I was able to do so before - but I changed the style a bit and now I can't.

/* footer stuff - save space --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/ #foot { text-align:left !important; } #foot * BR { display:none !important; } #foot * P { display:inline !important; } /* create sloppy "|" since p have gone inline */ A[title="Blog"], A[title="TPB T-shirts"] { border-right: 1px solid black !important; padding-right:5px !important; } /* how many users, etc */ #footer { display:none !important; } /* feed icon */ #fbanners { text-align:left !important; display:inline !important; margin:0px !important; padding: 0px 0px 0px 5px !important; }

Comments

• #foot p:not(#footer){display:inline!important}
    had a bunch of stuff you didnt need in there
    /* footer stuff - save space --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*/ #foot{text-align:left!important} #foot br{display:none!important} /* create sloppy "|" since p have gone inline */ a[title="Blog"],a[title="TPB T-shirts"]{border-right:1px solid black !important;padding-right:5px!important} /* how many users, etc */ #footer{display:none!important} /* feed icon */ #fbanners{display:inline!important;padding:0!important}
  • Thank you.

I'm a bit confused by how the asterisk works.

If...
    #foot brdescribes the br in #foot,

then what does
    #foot * brdefine?
  • #foot is the starting tag
    * is any tag thats a descendant of #foot
    br is any br thats a descendant of * (which also has to be a descendant of #foot)
    removing the * would also select direct descendants

you can use > instead of a space which would only select br that are directly below #foot (direct descendants)
    #foot>br or #foot > br