number of installs per week

edited May 2008 in userstyles.org
hi there

it seems to me that the number of installs per week is not showing the actual value of installs.. last week i noticed that i've had over 10 installs, today is Tuesday and it says that i've got 5 installs just this week with 15 of total.. nonsense..

can anyone fix that counter?

thanks!

Comments

• The weekly install counts are rolling. They represent the last 7 days, not a calendar week. If the numbers still don't make sense, post the URL to the style and I'll take a look at the numbers.
  • Something does seem to be a little "off" regarding install counts. I just put a new style up, and as part of the process I always install it to test that it's working properly, and within 24 hours (shortly after midnight) the count has always shown at least that one install. It's been more than a couple days now, and it's still at zero, which, obviously, I know is not correct. While other than that I don't pay much attention to install counts, so it's hard to be sure, it did look like one of my other styles actually had a lower install count total than it used to (but like I said... hard to be sure). Might the count method have been affected by re-hosting, too? (version of Stylish?) or do you not tally them every day now?

Thanks.
  • Posted By: mod_wastrelI just put a new style up, and as part of the process I always install it to test that it's working properly, and within 24 hours (shortly after midnight) the count has always shown at least that one install. It's been more than a couple days now, and it's still at zero, which, obviously, I know is not correct.
    It doesn't count installs you make on your own styles when you're logged in.

If you give me the ID of one of the styles I can provide you with a daily count of installs.
  • Hmmm, never thought of that--exempting installs while logged in; this is the first time this situation has come up--I only have one instance of Fx3 running at the moment, didn't think about logging out first (I usually go to another Firefox instance to do the test install but didn't have one in this case, for Fx3 that is; I'll have to remember that next time.)

Daily count? no need... like I said, it's not something I much care about. It was the "anomaly" I found curious. Thanks anyway, though; another time perhaps.
  • edited May 2008
    Instead of create another thread, i thought its good if i just jump-in in this thread. :) Hey mate, do you mind if I use your thread ?... ;)

Hi np,

I'm just curious...can you check this style "YouTube-Dark Carbon Theme" for :-

1- Actual install (to date)
    2- If you go here "Popular" and try to hover to this style its show 4.50 (rating) instead of 5.00 is it correct ?, caused i saw only one member rating there...with 5.00

TIA
  • Looks like a problem with caching... There's actually 2 comments in the db. Actual install count is 1386.
  • Oopsy... I just checked my Fx3 "logins"--I've never logged in here in Fx3, only in Fx2; so I couldn't have been logged in when I installed the style in Fx3. There has to be another reason why that test/verify install didn't get counted (still shows 0 installs).
  • Install count hasn't changed (at least for me) for 4/5days. There is obviously a problem.
  • It's working again. :-)
  • Yup!...thank you for the fixes, np ;)
  • It looks like it's stuck again since friday, and the latest comments appear on the user's page but not on the styles one - I wouldn't mention that if they weren't good - :-)
  • My "fix" on Friday was to delete all the cache files, which got things updated for that moment in time. I've yet to put in a real fix.
  • @ np
    That's what I figured out. Good luck.