CHIPMARK: A Chipmark's status bar icon clone

edited April 2008 in Stylish

Version 3.1 — May 1, 2007 — 108 KB

Chipmark Version History :: Firefox Add-ons
Icon appears in the status bar on a page that has already been chipmarked

3.1 Released

Chipmark Development Blog » Blog Archive » 3.1 Released
The addon now displays a little icon and asks for confirmation if you add a chipmark that you’ve already added before. This helps if you have a lot of chipmarks and forgot if you’ve added something or not.

This is the mentioned status bar icon:

a. Can someone make a Style that does the same thing?
b. And a user.js script, which will indicate that the current page was added, and will be shown on the [upper right] OR [upper left] OR [bottom right] OR [bottom left] of the page?

Note: I just asked for the specific location in the source code of Chipmark

Comments

• I think your asking for stylish to be an alternative to installing the addon? Stylish can't do that, it only edits/modifies what already exist in CSS. We can't inject new coding. We can change the appearance of the addon if you want lol
  • Then: (b) And a user.js script, which will indicate that the current page was added, and will be shown on the [upper right] OR [upper left] OR [bottom right] OR [bottom left] of the page?
  • Sorry, we don't make user scripts. Please try http://userscripts.org/forums
  • edited April 2008
    Posted By: t_burnoutSorry, we don't make user scripts. Please try http://userscripts.org/forums
    ok... correction! (b) a user.js script & a Style, which will indicate that the current page was added, and will be shown on the [upper right] OR [upper left] OR [bottom right] OR [bottom left] of the page? (happy now?) - Beautiful form has a style AND a user.js script.
    and about (a) I meant to the same behavior OR similar to the extension (see here)

now please leave me alone and don't reply if you can't do anything about building a script/style as I desired
    so far it seem like you're trying to slayer me for not knowing anything about userstyles.org
    instead you can explain to me what are the possible alternatives for styles etc. etc.

thank you
    --crash
  • I don't know what slayer means, but I do apologize if you think I was being less than helpful. I was simply trying to explain that your request is heavy on the need for a user script. Such requests are rarely ever handled on this forum. And I was trying to point you to a site that would be better suited to help you.

Some styles(as in the example you linked) include a stylish and a geasemonkey(user.js) version, they are exactly the same except in different coding formats so that people without stylish can still use them. However, that is not applicable to what you're requesting. You need a geasemonkey(user.js) script to do everything and a Stylish script to supplement it by giving it a nice graphic interface. And as I've tried to explain, thats not what we normally do. We are able to replace some extensions, but only those which are solely based on modifying CSS.

As for possible alternative, try going to http://userscripts.org/forums, request that they create the geasemonkey(user.js) script you require. Then comeback here with that script and request that help make the supplemental style for you. OR you can just hope you get lucky and that someone who is fluent in both types of coding has enough time and interest to do it all for you.

With all that said, once again I apologize if I seem unhelpful. As you request, I will not post in your discussion anymore unless you or someone addresses me. I wish you the best of luck in getting your project accomplished.
  • edited April 2008
    I'm viewing this post for 2 days and:
    Posted By: t_burnoutI don't know what slayer means, but I do apologize if you think I was being less than helpful. I was simply trying to explain that your request is heavy on the need for a user script. Such requests are rarely ever handled on this forum. And I was trying to point you to a site that would be better suited to help you.

Some styles(as in the example you linked) include a stylish and a geasemonkey(user.js) version, they are exactly the same except in different coding formats so that people without stylish can still use them. However, that is not applicable to what you're requesting. You need a geasemonkey(user.js) script to do everything and a Stylish script to supplement it by giving it a nice graphic interface. And as I've tried to explain, thats not what we normally do. We are able to replace some extensions, but only those which are solely based on modifying CSS.

As for possible alternative, try going to http://userscripts.org/forums, request that they create the geasemonkey(user.js) script you require. Then comeback here with that script and request that help make the supplemental style for you. OR you can just hope you get lucky and that someone who is fluent in both types of coding has enough time and interest to do it all for you.

With all that said, once again I apologize if I seem unhelpful. As you request, I will not post in your discussion anymore unless you or someone addresses me. I wish you the best of luck in getting your project accomplished.
    I'm so so very sorry (embarrassed) image

I use Stylish cause...

Thank you for the info (and I'm sorry, stressful days and my tests period for this semester just ended last week)