slash all their stupid colors with just one line of CSS?
  • Gentlemen:

How do I just not allow a site to use its own colors?

I.e., as an older user, I cannot deal with my favorite website's choice of barf black for everything.

If I do Firefox Preferences -> Colors and unclick "Allow pages to use their own colors" I am happy!

But unfortunately that affects all sites. Therefore I turn to you, dear reader:

What CSS gives the same effect?

Must I think up a new color for each element, or can I just slash all their stupid colors with just one line of CSS, back to the browser / W3C defaults?
  • The site's .css file is 117090 bytes long. Please don't require me to dig through it.
    I just want to zap the colors it uses, not totally disregard it.
  • Try:
    @-moz-document domain(yourfavoritesite.com) {
    * {
    color: black !important;
    background-color: white !important;
    }
  • Thanks. I'm making good progress with

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);
    @-moz-document domain("www.bdsm.com.tw") {
    *{
    /*color: black !important; TOO HEAVY HANDED! */
    background-color: white !important;
    }}

Now all I need is (somebody to help me) to make all their shades of gray characters intended for a black background now reversed in intensity so they work on a white background.

Alas such WordPress sites don't give each user the choice of a theme if he doesn't like the administrator's theme, hence we must use stylish to override them.

Also do tell me if this is on your adult site list so I won't upload it when it is 'perfected'. Or maybe I shouldn't even mention their URL here in this forum (but then how are you to help me?). Thanks.
  • And good god one notices all the different grades of text upon mouseover and non-mouseover.

Maybe a good plan would be somehow me just selecting "the default theme that ships with WordPress", and then "jam it into stylish"?
  • Try this instead. Change the colors to what you want. ➨ http://www.december.com/html/spec/colorhex.html

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);
    @-moz-document domain("www.bdsm.com.tw") {
    * {
    color: #666 !important;
    background-color: white !important;}

/*LINKS*/
    a {color: orange !important;}

/*HOVER LINK*/
    a:hover {color: #FFCC66 !important;}

/*VISITED LINK*/
    a:visited {color: #FF9966!important;}}

• Even though I've never visited the site the gentleman OP is discussing, Barbie, I can tell, clearly, you are great (and not plastic ;) ).
  • OK that's much better! Thanks!
  • mikedl said:

Even though I've never visited the site the gentleman OP is discussing, Barbie, I can tell, clearly, you are great (and not plastic ;) ).

Ha ha ha! Definitely not plastic. I am gonna need a wagon now to hold all those lovely flowers from you that are piling up!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!