Where are User Styles stored on Chrome?
  • I'm new to User Styles and use Stylish extension in Chrome. However, I'm curious as to where the download styles are saved. I assume it's direct on to my pc? And when/if I edit one, where is that saved too?

Thanks
  • %appdata%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\databases\chrome-extension_fjnbnpbmkenffdnngjfgmeleoegfcffe_0
  • Should I be seeing CSS files as I've nothing in there :-S
  • The styles are contained in a file on your PC. If you edit a style, that is stored there as well. It is not transmitted from your PC, if that's what you are worried about.

Some styles use externally hosted images, such as backgrounds hosted on imageshack or photobucket, and while the style is stored locally on your PC, that kind of images might get requested from the server by your browser.

Regarding your post above, you should be seeing a file named as a number. It's an SQL or SQLite database, not editable in plain text editor. According to your system, here are possible profile locations

http://dev.chromium.org/user-experience/user-data-directory

Once you navigate to your profile, append .\Default\databases\chrome-extension_fjnbnpbmkenffdnngjfgmeleoegfcffe_0 and you're in. At least in the right directory.
  • It's not stored as CSS files. It's an SQLite database.
  • Ah, that might be why I can't see it then! Is there a way I can sync styles from one pc to another?
  • Copy your Stylish sqlite database from the folder of your source PC into the folder of your target PC.
  • wadey said:

Ah, that might be why I can't see it then! Is there a way I can sync styles from one pc to another?

Wrench -> Settings -> Sign in ?

https://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=165139&p=settings_sign_in

You can save your bookmarks, extensions, apps, theme, and browser preferences to your Google Account so that they are available on any computer you’re using. That way, you can have the same web experience everywhere.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!